Forever Free user accounts reside on a subdomain of wpsites.site. For example: your.wpsites.site
Users may remain on the Forever Free subscription for as long as they like. There’s no requirement to upgrade, and your account will not expire. That said, there are significant benefits to Upgrading.
Why Upgrade? To add a Custom Domain and unlock Advanced Tools.
Why add a custom domain? #
Once a custom domain is added, our support team can activate a number of very powerful and advanced tools meant to take your website to a whole new level.
The advanced toolset requires a Custom Domain. Doing so opens access to advanced tools that Support can activate for you, such as:
- Sitekit by Google. Connects Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, and enables A/B testing via Google Optimize. Even connects Adsense. Plus, get insights right on the WordPress dashboard.
- WPRocket. Instantly reduces your website’s load time to improve Google PageSpeed and optimize your Site for Core Web Vitals.
- Cloudflare. Makes your website faster, safer, and smarter with tools that address DDoS attacks, add additional security, connect a CDN, and caches a copy of your website should your site ever become inaccessible.
- Gravity Forms. Create incredibly advanced forms for your Site that include calculations, progress bars, conditional logic, and roughly 30 additional features for users that require complex forms.
- SiteShop. Launch a powerful online store. It’s not only incredibly easy to use, but it also connects to point of sale tools (such as Square and Clover), social platforms, and over 50 payment gateways.
- Storage Space. Remove the media storage limits (300MB) and get 2GB (to start) included with the Upgraded subscription.
- A Private Design Library. Featuring a collection of specialized wpSites wireframe layouts professionally engineered to help you generate high-quality leads.
- Header/Footer Scripts. Add a FB Pixel, tools script, etc.
How does it work? #
In order to add a custom domain, users update their domain’s DNS records to point to our service. On our end, we add your domain to our service so that your DNS and our service can connect. Then we add a special redirect code to change your account address from there.wpsites.site to your custom domain. The process takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours, depending on the service providers involved.
I don’t have a custom domain yet. Not a problem. We can help search for a domain. We recommend getting a new domain via Google Domains due to their low cost and ease of use. Plus, adding a Gmail (free) or Workspace (paid) account is so simple.
I haven’t purchased Hosting yet. We can help by hosting both your website and your DNS. We do not support eMail at this time (this may change). Use Gmail or Workspace instead.
I don’t want to add a custom domain. That’s not a problem either. We are happy to support all users. 🙂